Guided Forest Bathing is a meditative practice which supports participants in coming to a place of peace, stillness and connection with breath and the natural world. This practice originates in Japan and was initially coined “Shinrin Yoku”. The forest and nature are where you can awaken with ease, grace, and depth to the truth of fundamental goodness within you.
As a Forest Bathing Guide, I simply facilitate participants deepening into their own experience of the forest. The forest provides the authentic medicine. This practice supports participants in finding peace and enjoyment in life. One can expect to experience stillness, relaxation, peace of mind, and a heart opening to all of creation.
What to Expect & Suggestions
- Typical duration is 1.5 – 3 hours
- Walking at a relaxed pace
- Pausing in stillness for extended meditation
- Intention setting can include asking for guidance
- Bring a bottle of water to stay hydrated
- Dress in layers and appropriately for the weather along with appropriate foot gear
- Enjoy a complimentary tea ceremony to conclude the experience
Don’t see a date or time that works for you? That’s ok! You can submit a request for a custom walk by clicking the button below. Pricing for custom walks is available upon request.
“Everything about my forest bathing experience with Lucy was sublime. From the carefully picked location, to the sensory meditations, to the lessons about the forest, and to the delicious Cedar and Horsetail tea at the end. I left feeling both refreshed and deeply connected to the natural world.”
— Deirdre Daniel, Toronto Artist
Photos by Pauline Szczesniak.